The woman in the photo above is named Valerie. The two pictures on the right were taken today, one day after her 57th birthday. She and I hung out yesterday doing nothing particularly amazing. We basically enjoyed each other’s company, doted over my daughters, and enjoyed the always-something-new-to-see downtown Atlanta area.
Valerie is a genuine #radicalselfie countless ways, but let me name just a few of them for you right now
- She raised 3 children largely on her own
- When her children first migrated to the U.S., she held down a job making $9 per hour, while still setting a household standard of prioritized education and respectful behavior.
- She recently left her 25-year corporate career to pursue her own passions
- She supports her three adult children in their personal and business lives by lending her skills to our (yes “our”) lives
- She spent several years of living in an emotionally unwell space, and now uses that knowledge to motivate other people to trade in their pain for their purpose.
I could list so many other reasons that Valerie embodies the energy of Radical Self-Expression, but it’s probably best that you visit her blog and find out more for yourself.
Valerie inspires me to continue creating the life I love, and I get the added benefit of her genetic awesomeness, as she is, in fact, my mother.
I love you, Mom! Happy day-after-your-57th-birthday!